Wednesday 17 December 2008

Water Conservation

Water conservation is the most cost-effective and environmentally sound way to reduce our demand for water. Over the years rising populations, growing industrialization, and expanding agriculture have pushed up the demand for water. Efforts have been made to collect water by building dams and reservoirs; some countries have also tried to recycle and desalinate (remove salts) water. Water conservation has become the need of the day.


Water is essential

Water is so essential in our daily lifes that we need it every single day. We need to conserve our water resources and find ways to prevent it from being polluted by harmful chemicals. Saving water can protect our water (especially clean water) from disposing it to the sewage.

Saving water also saves energy. Approximately 6.5% of the energy is used for pumping and treating water. For your personal energy bill, using less hot water saves on water heating. On the flip side, saving energy and using alternative energy saves water - electricity production from fossil fuels and nuclear energy is responsible for 39% of all freshwater withdrawals in the nation.

What's more?

Using less water also puts less pressure on our sewage treatment facilities, and uses less energy for water heating.

It is important to remember that water is not just required by humans. The environment also needs water to help maintain ecosystems and overall catchment health.

We conserve water because it is the right thing to do. There are many effective ways to conserve water in and around your home. Look through this list for ways that will work for you.
1. Try to do one thing each day that will result in saving water. Don't worry if the savings are minimal because every drop counts! You can make a difference.

2. Remember to use only the amount you actually need.

3. Form a group of water-conscious people and encourage your friends and neighbours to be part of this group. Promote water conservation in community newsletters and on bulletin boards.

4. Encourage your family to keep looking for new ways to conserve water in and around your home.

5. Make sure that your home is leak-free. Many homes have leaking pipes that go unnoticed.

6. Do not leave the tap running while you are brushing your teeth or soaping your face. Turn off the water while you brush your teeth can save 4 gallons a minute. That's 200 gallons a week for a family of four.

7. Avoid flushing the toilet unnecessarily. Put a brick or any other device that occupies space to cut down on the amount of water needed for each flush.

8. Do not throw away water that has been used for washing vegetables, fruits and rice. Use it to water plants or to clean the floors.

9. Time your shower to keep it under 5 minutes. You'll save up to 1000 gallons a month.

10. To save water and time, consider washing your face or brushing your teeth while in the shower.

Do one thing each day that will save water. Even if savings are small, every drop counts.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  3 June 2013 at 04:27  

Oh mу goodness! Аweѕοme article duԁe!
Thanκs, Ηowеveг І аm going thrοugh difficulties wіth your
RSS. I ԁon't understand the reason why I can't јοin it.
Ιs theгe anyone else haѵing the
same RSЅ issues? Anyonе who knoωs
the solution will you κindly respοnd?
Thanx!!

Also viѕit my homepage emergency plumber in birmingham

Anonymous,  4 June 2013 at 04:39  

Tοdаy, I ωеnt tо thе bеach with mу сhildren.
I founԁ a ѕeа shell and gaνe it to my 4 уear old daughter and ѕаid "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." Shе placed the ѕhell to her ear anԁ screamed.
Тhere was а hermit crаb insіde anԁ it pinchеd her
ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I knoω thіѕ is entirely off topic but I haԁ to tell someοne!


Feel free to surf to mу web pagе best way to lose belly fat fast

Anonymous,  12 June 2014 at 10:21  

hello there and thank you for your info –
I've definitely picked up anything new from right here.
I did however expertise some technical issues using this web site, since
I experienced to reload the website many times previous to I could get it
to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK?

Not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances
times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high
quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords.
Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective interesting content.
Ensure that you update this again soon.

Also visit my weblog Magic Submitter Review Info

Tajuana champ 20 March 2021 at 18:50  

My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr. Okojie pure herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was to try the Protocol, thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by a Instagram friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of Herpes virus. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, within 2 week I was fully cured from Herpes. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great doctor contact with you all email him drokojie2@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2349078751746 you won't regret it, I promise.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP